Re: Cygwin's ACL handling is NOT interoperable with Windows

On 2018-08-05 08:23, Stefan Kanthak wrote:
> Andrey Repin wrote:
>> Greetings, Stefan Kanthak!
>>> PS: <https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#pathnames-win32-api>
>>> too states bloody lies:
>> 260 including drive letter.
> WRONG, AGAIN!
> 260 is the value of MAX_PATH, which accounts for the trailing \0, and
> commonly used as
> | char buffer[MAX_PATH];
> I recommend to read
> <https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/fileio/naming-a-file>
> VERY careful!
>>> The Win32 API supports pathnames with up to 32767 (Unicode) characters;
>>> this includes of course the CWD!
>> CWD may be, but command processor does not.
> Neither Cygwin's WRONG documentation nor I referred to the command processor.

Please feel free to provide, using your superior understanding, a detailed spec
for how POSIX ACLs and permissions should be implemented using Windows ACLs
while maintaining "canonical" ACL order.
Windows "canonical" order is preferred because it allows Windows to make short
cut assumptions to meet Windows' security policy objectives.
But MS do not enforce that order in the kernel ACL mechanism because they
recognize that other customers may have different security policy objectives
which may be better achieved using different ACLs and orders.