Re: Does Cygwin setup modify dlls?

On 22/09/2017 17:31, Joachim Eibl wrote:
Thank you for your answers.

This activity is performed by the script
/etc/postinstall/0p_000_autorebase.dash

Is there a possibility to avoid the rebasing, e.g. for certain folders?
In my case the intention was to use the Cygwin installer only, but the files in the package are not dependent on cygwin libraries. So forking is not an issue.

Best regards,
Joachim

setup does not perform rebase.

It is a post installation phase, performed by a special
package.

$ cygcheck -l _autorebase
/etc/postinstall/0p_000_autorebase.dash
/etc/preremove/_autorebase.sh
/usr/bin/rebase-trigger
/usr/bin/rebaselst
/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/_autorebase.README

If you are not installing on the cygwin tree I see no issue.

Otherwise you can consider to patch the "_autorebase" package
to exclude some files/trees

Regards
Marco