Re: problem with paste-from-clipboard

On Fri, 1 Sep 2017 09:42:12, Eric Blake wrote:
> I have problem with "paste-from-clipboard" in cygwin. In ~/.inputrc
file I have just this line:
> "\e[2~": paste-from-clipboard
>
> I start cygwin terminal (as C:\cyg64\bin\bash.exe --login -i), from
another (say, GUI) place I copy
> some text into clipboard and I try to include it with Insert key to
cygwin terminal. Nothing happend.

I still have not had time to try and reproduce this issue.  But a short
answer might be that the clipboard behaves differently on cygwin than on
other systems; it may be that your key-binding worked, but that bash's
attempt to read from the clipboard found no data.

Sanity check - does this even work with Linux? I just tried it with Lubuntu, and
it does not work either. Only the default Shift+Insert or Ctrl+Shift+V work.

Lubuntu uses LXTerminal, with it you can do Edit, Preferences, Shortcuts and
change the Ctrl+Shift+V to something else - not sure where Shift+Insert comes
from - maybe readline?