Re: convenient trimming of quoted text to make points

On 9/1/2017 3:37 AM, Csaba Raduly wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 6:54 AM, Duncan Roe  wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 11:26:10AM -0400, cyg Simple wrote:
> (snip)
>>> I don't know what RSI is.  I might guess it to be Residual Self Image or
>>> Remotely Sensed Imagery. ;p
>>
>> RSI == Repetitive Strain Injury. It's a real medical condition.

I don't doubt a medical condition but throwing out acronyms without some
pointer for those who don't know what the reference is leads to someone
getting the wrong context.  Maybe this one should be a candidate for the
Cygwin acronym list.

> It's the pain you get in your fingers from having to scroll past
> fifty-five lines of quoted text, when somebody responded to one line
> and forgot to delete the irrelevant fifty-four.

My email client folds the excessive quoted lines and only if I don't
know the context do I need to open the folds.  Maybe someone with RSI
should consider updating their client.  Complaining never got much done
and this bike shed topic has been discussed many times with little
noticed effect.

--
cyg Simple