Re: alias appears to not work inside a called bash script

On 8/22/2017 1:13 PM, Eliot Moss wrote:
> On 8/22/2017 1:07 PM, cyg Simple wrote:
>
>> Are you talking bash as sh or bash as bash?  Bash as sh will expand
>> those aliases.  But you should study
>> http://tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/aliases.html for all your scripts.  Are
>> there environment variables that could affect the outcome?
>
> Since the OP has a #! /bin/bash line at the top of his script, I think
> he means bash.  However, running the script with sh explicitly does act
> as you describe, e.g.:  sh myscript x y z ... in contrast to: myscript x
> y z.

There's also --posix and set -o posix which will cause bash to perform
as the OP reports.  I'm guessing this to be used in the bash startup
files in a global fashion on those systems that you're not having to
specify to use aliases.

https://www.gnu.org/software/bash/manual/html_node/Bash-POSIX-Mode.html#Bash-POSIX-Mode

--
cyg Simple