Re: how to access and display apps that I've launched

On Wed, 7/26/17, Achim Gratz <> wrote:

 Subject: Re: how to access and display apps that I've launched
 To: cygwin
 Date: Wednesday, July 26, 2017, 1:13 PM

 Ian Lambert via cygwin writes:
 > Indeed, Cygwin is installed on a FAT32
 formatted
 > external drive, which is
 limited to 1980-01-01 on
 > the early
 end.

 Yes, that's the
 problem.  Oh well, a braindead fs, where have I seen
 that before… is there any other such system
 in use that somebody would
 want to install
 Cygwin on and what's their start of the epoch?

= = =

I suppose that's why FAT32 was used in Android phones,
is called "the most widely compatible format,"
and is often used for USB Live or install external
drives for Linux. Works great even on 32-bit devices.
 :P :D  I'll move to exFAT real soon now, but it's
also 1980+.

 > So apparently rebase has
 not been working for me

 "forever," and since pi day this year on the
 latest
 > install...

 Well, you can just touch them with something
 1980 and it will start
 working again (and
 keep working).  I'll think of what's the right fix
 in
 autorebase to implement and update and
 then it will be fixed once and
 for all.

= = =

They seemed to be retouched back to present
unless /usr/bin/rebaselst was changed to touch
1980+.