Re: how to access and display apps that I've launched

On 2017-07-25 12:16, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Brian Inglis writes:
>> rebaselst uses touch -t 7001010000 ... - could be patched to 197001010000.
>
> Could be, but touch is specified to assume "19" yhen YY=70 by POSIX, AFAIK.
>
>> Is this affected by locale and by Windows regional date settings in Control
>> Panel/Region/Formats tab/Additional settings... button/Date tab/Calendar
>> group/When a two-digit year is entered, interpret it as a year between
>> |(nnnn-99)| and [nnnn ^v] with the default values |1980| and [2079 ^v] i.e. from
>> the start of the DOS epoch which postdates the Unix epoch 19700101, and could
>> cause 70 to be interpreted as 2070.
>
> That would be surprising since the expectation really is UNIX epoch when
> we're talking about Cygwin.  In any case, the OP should easily be able
> to test this at the shell prompt.

I know POSIX says and my tests on current releases verify 1969-99, 2000-68, but
could this be thrown off by localization interfering in some cases, as was
/proc/loadavg, because a function started using locales?
These files and related functions do not seem candidates to be affected by the
recent patch for ls problems with symlinks, so BLODA blocking pre-1980 times?