Re: how to access and display apps that I've launched

On 7/25/2017 10:38 AM, Ian Lambert via cygwin wrote:
  > I'm using 64 bit
  cygwin already. This is a difference from the OP (It was in
  my earlier post).
Sorry, I
  missed that.  Have you looked at the output of 'rebase
  -is'?
  Conflicts are marked with
  '*'.  What about BLODA?
= = =

I had not. It may be worth mentioning I have not found rebase
in the fine manual, even under cygwin utilities. I only find
it mentioned in forum posts, and with 4 rebase* programs
under /usr/bin, it's playing too much monte carlo games with
the install to just try those.
Obviously something is not right; here is output from "rebase -is":

rebase: failed to open rebase database "/etc/rebase.db.x86_64":
No such file or directory

Normally you don't ever need to think about rebasing on x86_64. The perpetual postinstall script /etc/postinstall/0p_000_autorebase.dash should handle everything without any manual intervention. You might try running that script (and the rebaselst script that it calls) line by line (preferably in a dash shell started directly from Windows, with no other Cygwin processes running) to see if you can figure out what's going wrong.

"locate rebase.db" gives:
/cygdrive/e/cygwin64-3/etc/rebase.db.x86_64
so it was apparently there when running locate database updates
yesterday at ~1130-1330 (Eastern US), before doing the
"rebase-trigger full", shutdown/restart, setup.

BLODA is certainly a possibility; Symantec Protection is on the job...
It was playing well together before, but things do change.

Ken