Re: Pthreads: Prototypes missing if -std=c11

> On 2017-07-12 11:15, bz0815@tirol.com wrote:
>> gcc does not recognize some functions from pthread.h if option -std=c11 is used:
>
> Exactly, and the same happens with glibc.  When you use -std=c*, that means you are declaring strict ISO C, and all extensions are disabled by > default unless explicitly enabled (e.g. with -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=200112L).
>  If you are not compatible with ISO C, then you should be using
> -std=gnu* instead.
>
> --
> Yaakov
>
> --

Many thanks for the info, Yaakov. Accoring to the manual -std determines the language standard and c11 means ISO C11, the 2011 revision of the ISO C standard. Howevery, I find no restriction on POSIX in ISO/IEC 9899:2011. So why should -std=c11 have an influence on Pthreads? Am I missing something?