Re: Unable to download Cygwin from dedicated server

On 2017-07-10 20:22, Simon Choucroun wrote:
> On 2017-07-10, 22:03, "Brian Inglis" wrote:
>> On 2017-07-10 10:21, Simon Choucroun wrote:
>>> We are renting a dedicated server at OVH Canada. For some reason, we get a
>>> 403 forbidden when trying to either download or visit Cygwin.com from the
>>> dedicated server. Can someone please take a look at this? The IP is 192.99.6.12

Do you have the root CA server certs installed on your server, and are you
downloading using products which support those certs and HSTS?

> Networking is fine, no firewall on our end. I am getting a clear 403
> forbidden from apache Cygwin.com server on the dedicated server. Works from
> my PC so i am assuming you are either blocking this IP or the whole range.

I am sure there are firewalls between your server, the rest of the datacentre,
and the internet, for the vendor's protection, if not yours.

There are few files you may download directly from https://cygwin.com e.g.
setup-x86{,_64}.exe and detached .sig files. Try those first.
For the packages, you must go to a Cygwin public mirror site.
Can you download packages from public Cygwin mirrors?

If everything else works okay, you can try to contact Cygwin site operations
sourcemaster [at] sourceware [dot] org to see if, and reasons why, they may be
blocking your server from accessing https://cygwin.com.
You may want to get your vendor to contact them to resolve any issues.