Re: Window Maker issues, launching from cygwin

On 27/06/2017 21:05, David DLC wrote:
I have been trying to use WindowMaker with Cygwin, but I'm receiving
some errors. When starting WindowMaker from Windows directly, it will
open for a second, shutting down immediately after that.

If I run startx, the window opens, but I can't click on anything. I
get this output when running startx. There is some kind of error near
the bottom, but I have the .Xresources file in my home directory, so
I'm not sure what's wrong. Any help would be much appreciated!

$ startx
[...]
/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc-common: line 20: [: too many arguments
Excessive file argument "Cruz/.Xresources"

I'm guessing this is failing because the pathname of your home directory has spaces in it.