Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.8.1-0.1

On 2017-06-26 19:16, Andrey Repin wrote:
>> Is there an option so git will download your updated source, reject my patched
>> source in place, and not just overwrite it?
> Assuming you have remotes in place,
> git fetch --all
> git checkout -B your-fix-branch origin/master
> .. make your changes ...
> git format-patch origin/master

Thanks Andrey,
I forget about branches, being used to DIY with only mainline changes. Sometimes
I had to beg for access to use source control, or download and install RCS, CVS,
Hg to use myself where policy did not disallow that.
Even where source control was used, it was often either the MS product or CVS
with tags, nothing more modern was supported.
I know some large corps rely on FS logs/journals or snapshots, where source
control lags cloud adoption and use.