Re: configure fails on checking ino_t

On 6/9/2017 7:22 PM, Lloyd Wood wrote:
Hi Ken,

thanks for this - both 32-bit and 64-bit Geomview from
your repository work as expected. I was able to run
SaVi (http://savi.sf.net/) under both, with OpenGL and
piping between Geomview and SaVi working so that
SaVi could control Geomview.

Hi Lloyd,

Thanks for testing.

However, Geomview's supplied modules aren't listed in
the right panel of its main window,
suggesting it hasn't been configured and built with xforms
and with Tcl/Tk, which its modules need. I have
some notes with hints on this at:
http://personal.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/software/SaVi/running-under-Windows/

It looks like this has changed. There's no longer a --with-xforms configure option, and the modules requiring xforms or Tcl/Tk are now packaged separately. (See the top-level README.) I'll think about how to best package these modules.

On a related note, as you're associated with Cornell Math
you know of DsTool. Patrick Worfolk worked on the v3 Tk version of
that before he did SaVi, which I maintain, and it
can also work with Geomview.

DsTool can be made to work on 32-bit Cygwin with Tcl/Tk 8.5
(not 64-bit or 8.6 - seems to be reaching end of life as
is) and could, with a bit of updating, be
made current as another optional Geomview
module that can also run standalone without
Geomview, just like SaVi.
I have some notes on DsTool at
http://personal.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/software/DsTool/
and there's some recent discussion of DsTool on the
geomview-users mailing list.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Ken