Re: setup release candidate - please test

On 16/05/2017 15:06, Jon Turney wrote:
On 16/05/2017 14:45, Ian Lambert wrote:
On May 16, 2017 6:52:17 AM EDT, Jon Turney <> wrote:
On 15/05/2017 22:11, Brian Inglis wrote:
On 2017-05-15 14:42, Ian Lambert via cygwin wrote:
On Mon, 5/15/17, Jon Turney wrote:
 On 15/05/2017 16:29, Ian Lambert via cygwin wrote:
When I try --user-agent=anything with setup, it quietly does nothing.

I'm not sure if you missed or ignored that the wget option is referred
to here.

It isn't an option, like proxy username and password aren't?

Correct, it isn't an option.  setup --help will confirm this for you.

I don't know why unrecognized options aren't fatal errors.

So, I might have been misled by my low opinion of setup here:

$ ./setup-x86_64 --user-agent=anything

Error during option processing.
[...]

Can you give an example of a setup command line containing an invalid option which "quietly does nothing" rather than reporting an error?

Depending on the results of the tests suggested with wget, I may
consider changing or removing the user-agent reported by cygwin setup,
or providing such an option.

This snapshot adds a --user-agent option, which allows the user agent string to be specified.

https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.878-8-gee3cea.x86.exe
https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.878-8-gee3cea.x86_64.exe