Re: setup release candidate - please test

On 16/05/2017 14:45, Ian Lambert wrote:
On May 16, 2017 6:52:17 AM EDT, Jon Turney <> wrote:
On 15/05/2017 22:11, Brian Inglis wrote:
On 2017-05-15 14:42, Ian Lambert via cygwin wrote:
On Mon, 5/15/17, Jon Turney wrote:
 On 15/05/2017 16:29, Ian Lambert via cygwin wrote:
On Sun, 5/14/17, Jon Turney wrote:
I think that "403 forbidden" means that this request is prohibited
by the configuration of the proxy, so really you need to contact
whoever administers it.

The proxy admins have no interest in helping with this. :)

My point was more that your administrator has configured things to
prevent what you are trying to do (however foolish trying to control
access by user-agent might be)

Does it work if you try user agent combos of
{Cygwin-Setup,CygwinSetup}/{2.878-3,2.878}?

You might also try with no user-agent (wget --user-agent="" apparently)

When I try --user-agent=anything with setup, it quietly does nothing.

I'm not sure if you missed or ignored that the wget option is referred to here.

It isn't an option, like proxy username and password aren't?

Correct, it isn't an option.  setup --help will confirm this for you.

I don't know why unrecognized options aren't fatal errors.

Depending on the results of the tests suggested with wget, I may consider changing or removing the user-agent reported by cygwin setup, or providing such an option.