Re: long I/O delays when strace is running

On 04/24/2017 02:00 AM, Mark Geisert wrote:

Excellent debugging work! I'm inclined to agree with your last point. I'm poring over pinfo.cc as well as dcrt0.cc, which is the Cygwin DLL init code. The latter talks about special cases if the DLL is runtime loaded (like strace does) vs link-time loaded (like Cygwin apps do). May take me a while to respond.

Hah! me too. :) At least I'm learning a lot. I have a better understanding of how it stores these in the windows object database thing under \\BaseNamedObjects and I can browse it to some degree with WinObj from sysinternals, but I'm still trying to figure out where that is initialized. My tests will be done soon and I'll be back to work on gcc.