Re: What is the proper mailing list for server issues?

Greetings,

I'm trying from several different machines in the house, some directly connected, as well as any thru the NAT interface. This is the ONLY site I cannot reach normally. I have to use the Tor browser to reach the site, and, even then, once I get a new cygwin setup .exe, the list of mirrors doesn't auto-fill because (surprise, surprise) I cannot connect via any known protocol to either www.cygwin.com or 209.132.180.131.

The SSL certificates I get from a successful Tor hit and an unsuccessful 403 from home are identical

I am concluding that at least the address range 69.12.250.{40-47} are being blocked; and it probably extends beyond that.

Firewall is a Watchguard Firebox running pf_sense. I get the 403 even with a direct (non-firewalled, non-routed connection)

I have attached two .txt file with runs from two servers within my house, one running NetBSD, one running Windows [thus the importance of cygwin]. Included are runs from 'host'/'nslookup', 'ping', 'traceroute', 'curl' and 'openssl'

This is NOT a local firewall issue, otherwise my other machines on different addresses would not have a problem.

smaug is my internal firewall.
stupidhead is the default next hop from said firewall.

"...it's nothing to do with cygwin.com."

Sooooo, why else would I get a refusal from the web server from this address when I can connect from elsewhere ** and the SSL certificate is the same ** ??

What am I missing?

"...but there's nothing we can do from here."

Where is "here"? If "here" == "cygwin.com", you can't tell me if my IP is on an internal blacklist (and, moreso, why?)??