Re: Solved: R-3.3.3-1: unable to load stats.dll

On 2017-03-31 13:32, cyg Simple wrote:
> On 3/31/2017 12:57 PM, Marco Atzeri wrote:

>>> Which is why the packager should move the required .dll to the /usr/bin
>>> directory.  Was there a stated change to this policy?
>>
>> No.
>> If you compare openblas and lapack you will find two cygblas-0.dll,
>> that I can not make coexist in /usr/bin
>>

> And so we add to PATH and still have a problem if the lapack and
> openblas versions are different.  Adding to PATH doesn't fix the issue
> and if I add the openblas version before lapack then lapack suffers and
> vice-versa. This is the reason we've put DLL in the /usr/bin directory
> because adding to PATH is meaningless.
>
> Perhaps
> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/hh310513(v=vs.85).aspx
> should be used in the main function or a Cygwin API developed to do
> that.  Or fix lapack to name it's library with a different version id.
> If there are API/ABI differences, then -0 isn't correct since the two
> cannot overlay each other.

This is the situation alternatives(8) was designed
for - to mediate names and functions.
If a package is dependent on one or the other,
its location in /var/lib/pkg/ should be wired in.
My PATH seems to include /usr/lib/lapack, appended by
/etc/profile.d/lapack0.sh.
Perhaps openblas could provide the same for its clients?