Re: Strange errors running gcc tests on Cygwin

On 3/4/2017 12:48 AM, Daniel Santos wrote:
> Hello. I'm trying to validate a gcc patchset that affects msabi
> functions, so I need good test results on Cygwin, but my unpatched
> tests are getting hundreds of failures for which I cannot determine
> the cause. I'm running Cygwin 64 bit on Windows 7 in a qemu vm (with
> kvm).  My sources are on a C: drive (gcc's HEAD a from a few days
> ago), but I didn't make that device large enough, so I had to add a
> second device on D for the builds.  I have cygdrive set to /  (in
> /etc/fstab, I have "none            /       cygdrive
> binary,posix=0,user 0 0"), but the file names it's printing is using
> the D: format instead of /d.  Example:
>
> FAIL: gfortran.dg/coarray/sync_3.f90 -fcoarray=single  -O2   output
> pattern test, is
> D:/builds/head-test-unpatched-x86_64-pc-cygwin/gcc/testsuite/gfortran2/sync_3.exe:
> error while loading shared libraries: cyggfortran-4.dll: cannot open
>
> That might not actually be the problem. I do NOT have fortran
> installed.  I have run a successful "make bootstrap" so the build tree
> should have the correct Fortran libs.  The file "cyggfortran-4.dll"
> does exist at the location
> /d/builds/head-test-unpatched-x86_64-pc-cygwin/x86_64-pc-cygwin/libgfortran/.libs/cyggfortran-4.dll.
> The even stranger part is that these errors aren't in the build from
> my patched sources.  Maybe something changed in my environment?  I ran
> my patched tests firsts, which resulted in much fewer failures and I
> haven't re-run them yet to see if it's failing now or not. Any ideas?
> Also, this is how I have configured gcc:
>
> /c/Users/daniel/proj/sys/gcc/work0/configure --host=x86_64-pc-cygwin
> --build=x86_64-pc-cygwin --target=x86_64-pc-cygwin
> --prefix=/home/daniel/local/gcc-head-test-unpatched-x86_64-pc-cygwin
> --enable-stage1-checking=yes,rtl --enable-lto --enable-gold=yes
> --enable-bootstrap --with-system-zlib

In order to test gfortran 7.1 without installing, you will need to copy
cyggfortran-4.dll into a folder which is on LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  make check
uses only the dll paths associated with the active gcc (presumably your
bootstrap compiler).  Why not compare your configure and test results
against gcc test results posts?

--
Tim Prince