Re: I cannot understand popen/_popen absence

Excuse me for vague wording, let me explain it.

I am trying to build Qt under Cygwin. For some mysterious reason
Cygwin compiler does not expose popen with std=c++11 which is required
for Qt
BUT
at the same time the MinGW compiler installed from Cygwin repository
does expose popen with same standard flag.

I did not yet find a convenient way of using MinGW compiler (which is
prefixed) so I am stuggling to get popen exposed.

What is the reason for this difference between MinGW and Cygwin?