Re: Windows Path issue with maven/java on cygwin ("/C:/cygwin64/git...")

Greetings, Chris Brokes!

> I can confirm that the files listed exist.
> If you type the path as any of the following:
> /cygdrive/c/cygwin64/git/  <continue path as appropriate>
> C:/cygwin64/git/   <continue path as appropriate>
> /git/   <continue path as appropriate>

> The issue apparently is the leading "/"

No, the issue is that you're trying to mix native and Cygwin tools with not
much of an understanding.

> So...my question goes like this:
> a) is there something in my configuration which is causing this? (i.e.
> should I have the linux version of java installed under cygwin or am I
> missing a setting someplace?)

Mating Cynwin and Windows tools is possible, but tricky and requires clear
understanding of implications.

> b) is there a fix/hack I can apply to cause the leading / to be a non
> issue? (i.e. a ln configured a specific way or an alias?  I've attempted
> both but neither seem to have fixed the issue...possibly because I
> didn't setup the correction properly?)

You should probably look into native git port. Or host a VM with native Linux
environment for your compilation needs.

> c) has anyone seen anything like this?  due to the special characters
> involved, searching was relatively useless (just about every search
> found me C/C++/gcc related results...)

These two links should be a good read:

With best regards,
Andrey Repin