Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Cygwin 2.6.1-1

On 1/11/2017 2:37 PM, Steven Penny wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jan 2017 10:53:55, Brian Inglis wrote:
Launch Character Map app, find Omega, Select, and Copy, and you should
be able to paste it into any window.

Nope. I made it clear already, even from my first post that it doesnt work from
pasting.

Post your cmd console code page and locale settings as described and
maybe someone can help you.

Nope. I have done that already repeatedly.

Or maybe you could check the cmd settings and console docs yourself
and figure out your own problem.

Not helpful.

Generate cygcheck -svr output and attach to your post as described
in the problems link below, and one of the project *volunteers* may
get some time to look at it and be able to help.

I am not doing this, as anyone with a current Cygwin build can duplicate it with
the default settings. I kindly ask that going forward you only make contructive
posts.

I am getting tired of the somewhat sniping tone of this email thread.
If I were the person to whom these responses are directed, I might
feel offended, even insulted.  There is no need for this kind of tone
between professionals.  Let's try to keep it about the content.  I
know frustration can arise when there is misunderstanding -- the effort
should go toward building common understanding, not criticizing other
individuals.  Or as my mother used to say, you get more flies with
honey than with vinegar.

Regards - Eliot Moss