Re: PHP 7.0.14 crashing with minimal set of extensions

Greetings, Brian Inglis!

> On 2016-12-18 11:40, Andrey Repin wrote:
>> Greetings, Brian Inglis!
>>> Possibly JIT/DEP conflict see
>>> https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2016-11/msg00336.html
>> Gah… confirmed. Setting pcre.jit = Off let it run.

> Does the native app use JIT and have no problems with Windows DEP?

pcre.jit => 1 => 1
Seems like "yes".

> Does PHP need some Cygwin specific patches to re-mmap JIT code as rx,
> or Cygwin patches so Windows sees mmap rx regions as executable code,
> or otherwise "blesses" JIT code so it is not crashed by DEP?

That, I do not know.

> There should at least be some way to indicate there is a DEP issue
> rather than just crashing with a segv!

I do not enforce DEP here.
But I just found references that this can be a stack overflow issue.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...