Re: compile python executable file on cygwin for windows

On 19/12/2016 16:07, Goodman Leung wrote:
hi all

i install python and pyinstaller on cygwin , and i can run pyinstaller
successfully to compile a exe file on the  cygwin environment .

but when i launch this executable file on window with double click , it
occur a error and tell me the program can not find "cygwin.dll" (i can
not remember what it exactly is ).

can cygwin compile a windows python executable program .or we should
treat cygwin like a pure linux OS that all things we have done on it
just compatible with linux only

best regards
yuanxin.liang

have you tried to run it from the Cygwin terminal (aka Mintty) ?

Running from explorer (double click) do not properly set the
PATH variable for cygwin programs.

Regards
MArco