RE: Editors set x-bit (sometimes)

> From: Achim Gratz
> .. the latter is slightly less efficient and you have to
> do -print0/-0, but I tend to get it right more easily then the -exec
> stuff.

Really? I always thought the opposite. With -exec, doesn't
find invoke the command for each single found object? While xargs
allows a single command to operate on a whole slew of objects.

For example:
find ... -exec pgm {} \;
executes pgm separately for each found object while
find ... | xargs pgm
invokes pgm only once for as many files as will fit on the
command line, which is quite a few.

If I'm wrong about this, please share.

Or, perhaps we are talking about commands that only take
a single object. In that case, you would need to say
xargs -n1
in which case, I agree, it is less efficient.

--Ken Nellis