Re: Windows 10 updates causes fork retry no child processes

On 11/03/2016 01:28 PM, Brian Inglis wrote:
> On 2016-11-03 08:58, Gerry Reno wrote:
>>> If so, how/why do they ever hear about Windows updates in the first
>>> place?
>>> That is technically impossible. The DLL rebasing procedure can only
>>> be done from _outside_ Cygwin.
>> They aren't connected permanently to an office network.
>> They can connect to WiFi every so often when they get near to a WiFi
>> location.  Ok, so why is automating this DLL rebasing procedure impossible?
>> I don't care if it is a Cygwin process or a Windows process that does
>> this.
>> Something needs to check to see if the DLL rebasing needs done and
>> then do it if that is the source of the problem.
>
> Maybe your clients' problem is that W10 is now dynamically loading wifi
> or network dlls into the stack and being a total BLODA?
> Your app setup, your clients, so *you* need to do the data collection
> and diagnosis, ask for help here, test fixes.
> At least a cygcheck -rsv from a problem system, attached to a post,
> would let the dogs here see the shape of the bone to help you.
>
> As with other off-net systems, there should be some auto-reporting
> system built in where you can capture and send problem logs.
> Maybe you could change the env setting for:
> CYGWIN=error_start=C:/cygwin64/bin/dumper
> (use slashes instead of doubled backslashes)
> to run cygcheck -hrsv > cygcheck.txt instead, perhaps from a cmd
> script, and queue it for mailing to you when connected? I th

I think the simplest way for right now might be to have a batch file run at startup that runs rebaseall.

Something like these lines in a batch file:
cd C:\Cygwin\bin
.\ash /bin/rebaseall

This would rebase the dlls each time after Windows Update forces a reboot.

Do you see any issue with that?