Re: Windows 10 updates causes fork retry no child processes

On 11/03/2016 10:31 AM, Hans-Bernhard Bröker wrote:
> Am 03.11.2016 um 07:06 schrieb Gerry Reno:
>
>> And the client machines are out in the field and not even connected to a network.
>
> If so, how/why do they ever hear about Windows updates in the first place?
>
>> What is needed is for Cygwin itself to detect and manage the situation.
>
> That is technically impossible.  The DLL rebasing procedure can only be done from _outside_ Cygwin.

They aren't connected permanently to an office network.
They can connect to WiFi every so often when they get near to a WiFi location.

Ok, so why is automating this DLL rebasing procedure impossible?
I don't care if it is a Cygwin process or a Windows process that does this.
Something needs to check to see if the DLL rebasing needs done and then do it if that is the source of the problem.