procps doesn't show some processes that ProcessExplorer can see

In an Emacs shell buffer, I'm running Maven, which runs some PaxExam
integration tests, which run instances of karaf, which is a Java
process.

When this is running, I can see the java processes in SysInternal's
ProcessExplorer.

If I open a mintty, whether run as an admin or not, and run "procps
-wwFAH" it doesn't show those java processes. I can see the java
process running Maven, but not the subprocesses.

Why might that be?