Re: `CYGWIN=winsymlinks:nativestrict`, `ln -s target link` fails if target doesn't exist

在 2016/10/6 18:14, Gene Pavlovsky 写道:
> On 5 October 2016 at 06:00, Rinrin <rinrin@imbrian.org> wrote:
>> Hi Gene:
>>   I made a patch for my private use.
>>   First of all, you should setup `nativenocheck` in CYGWIN environment
>> variable to enable this feature.
>>   If the target does not exist, it will check the last digit of target
>> path, for '/' it will create a <SYMLINKD> instead of <SYMLINK>
>
> Hi Rinrin.
> I'd like to try it out, is your patch included in mainline Cygwin?
> If not, how can I get a version with that patch?
> Thanks.
> --Gene
I posted compiled version here.
http://www.megafileupload.com/kgm0/cygwin1.zip

This version contains another patch ripped from msys.
When cygwin process call non-cygwin executable, like mingw binary,
it will translate cygwin path format to windows format.

For example:
/mingw64/usr/bin $ iconv --help
Usage: C:\Portable\PrivData\cygwin\mingw64\usr\bin\iconv.exe [OPTION...]
[-f ENCODING] [-t ENCODING] [INPUTFILE...]
or:    C:\Portable\PrivData\cygwin\mingw64\usr\bin\iconv.exe -l