Re: Setting up cygrunsrv after moving installation to another drive

Thanks Brian, the Windows command to manipulate service configuration is exactly what I needed.
-ernie

On 9/25/2016 6:17 PM, Brian Inglis wrote:
On 2016-09-25 17:28, Ernie Rael wrote:
I have just moved (robocopy) cygwin installation from C:/cygwin64 to F:/cygwin64 (win7). My stumbling block is handling cygrunsrv.

For cygrunsrv, I thought I could change the service properties to start it from F:/..., but I can't figure out how to do that on Win7.

Any suggestions on how best to get cygrunsrv going/installed after moving cygwin installation?

$ sc qc cygserver
will show how the service is currently configured e.g.

[SC] QueryServiceConfig SUCCESS

SERVICE_NAME: cygserver
        TYPE               : 10  WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
        START_TYPE         : 2   AUTO_START  (DELAYED)
        ERROR_CONTROL      : 1   NORMAL
        BINARY_PATH_NAME   : C:\cygwin64\bin\cygrunsrv.exe
        LOAD_ORDER_GROUP   :
        TAG                : 0
        DISPLAY_NAME       : CYGWIN cygserver
        DEPENDENCIES       :
        SERVICE_START_NAME : LocalSystem

From an elevated prompt (run as Admin):

$ sc config cygserver binPath= $(cygpath -w $(which cygrunsrv))

or the Windows equivalent from an elevated cmd prompt:

sc config cygserver binPath= F:\cygwin64\bin\cygrunsrv.exe

IIRC the space after the = is required.