Re: I sent in a bug report and never heard anything back

Hans-Bernhard Bröker <HBBroeker at t-online dot de> wrote:

Not necessarily. Traditionally the typical reason for GCC internal
compiler errors, particularly if they occur with old source on very new
machines, has been faulty hardware.

My reply:

While it is always possible that there is a hardware issue, I suspect
that is not likely in this case.
The specific notebook dual boots to mageia 5 linux, and using gcc 4.9.2
the code in question compiles and runs without issue. So I suspect it is
more likely a compiler bug.

I can't imagine that I am the only person using cygwin with this issue,
so it might be good for the cygwin people to address it.

Since I sent the bug report in Aug 1, and I have gotten no useful
response from cygwin, I will be reporting the issue directly to the gcc
folks.

jeff