Re: FUSE, symbolic links and special files

> On Aug 25 09:04, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
>> On 8/25/2016 8:45 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>> Since when is this RP method available?  Unfortunately the above MSDN
>>> page doesn't tell...  Was it already available with Vista?  Does anybody
>>> know?
>>
>> #define IO_REPARSE_TAG_NFS
>>
>> was added in the Windows 8.0 DDK.
>
> Thank you.  Too bad, so we have to stick to the EA method to accommodate
> Vista and W7.

I don't believe there is any restriction from using this tag on Vista or
Win7.  It will be stored on NTFS just as any other Reparse Tag would be.
 NTFS and ReFS will ignore it just as they would on Win8 or Win10.

The only file system for which this tag is known to be interpreted is
the Microsoft NFS provider that will report its

  FILE_REMOTE_PROTOCOL_INFORMATION.Protocol

value as

  #define     WNNC_NET_MS_NFS      0x00420000

Jeffrey Altman