Re: Size limitation for NcFsd drive?

On Aug  4 20:31, Franz Sirl wrote:
> Sorry for the delay, for some reason my users keep me busy with strange
> bugs, see my answers below.

I know what you mean :)

> Am 2016-08-02 um 16:59 schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
> > Hi Franz,
> >
> > On Aug  2 16:26, Franz Sirl wrote:
> > > Nevertheless I believe the fallback to
> > > NtQueryDirectoryFile(FileIdBothDirectoryInformation) does not do what you
> > > want if the path is the root directory of a share. But that's not the cause
> > > of this problem.
> >
> > Yeah, as I wrote in my reply, the NtQueryDirectoryFile branch isn't
> > supposed to be hit in this scenario.  It's solely for "access denied"
> > situations.
>
> Got it.
>
> > Are you set up to build your own Cygwin DLL so you can test the above
> > patch locally?
>
> Not really, but since I've already created a few testcases for Novell now, I
> have my own little "framework" using ntdll.dll directly. I added your code
> to it and it showed:
>
> C:\NovellQueryAllInformationFile\Debug>NovellQueryAllInformationFile.exe t:\
> NtQueryInformationFile(FileAllInformation) 't:\' resulted in errorcode
> c7e90006, description: (no description)
> Returned filename:  ''
> NtQueryInformationFile(FileBasicInformation) 't:\' resulted in errorcode 0,
> NtQueryInformationFile(FileStandardInformation) 't:\' resulted in errorcode
>
> So your fallback will work nicely. No idea if it's worth it, because I'll
> likely get an updated NCP client soon from Novell.

Ok, thank you.  I applied a patch nevertheless, because we can never be
really sure there won't be another filesystems with the same problem.

I uploaded a new developer snapshot to https://cygwin.com/snapshots/
which contains my fix.  It would be nice if you could give it a try.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat