Re: /dev/ptmx fails with Azure accounts

On Aug  1 22:24, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> For Azure Domain users (and I do not really know what that means),
> pts handling does not seem to work, at least not for mintty, where forkpty()
> fails.
> Please check https://github.com/mintty/mintty/issues/563 for a discussion,
> and my comment
> https://github.com/mintty/mintty/issues/563#issuecomment-235310199
>
> Also, there has been a similar report here:
> https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2016-02/msg00046.html
>
> I have no idea how to establish a working startup of mintty for those users.

The problem here is that it's impossible to generate access
permissions for the pty with those weird accounts.  I like it
how Microsoft screws up otherwise working software with this
strange domain handling.

To fix this we have to be able to come up with a working user and group
account for these cases.  For that I need at least output from `whoami
/all'.  I wonder why supposedly nobody tried that after /fqdn didn't
work.

This may be fixable by somebody with such an account and willing to hack
on the Cygwin function pwdgrp::fetch_account_from_windows().  There's
already some code for the so-called "Windows accounts" which seem to
work in a similar fashion (albeit in this case the user has a local
account SID).

Alternatively I need at least a guinea pig with such an account,

Corinna

Red Hat