Re: Strange permissions set when I create files in my home directory on windows 10

Thanks for your reply. By "home" directory, I mean "/home/". This is
c:\cygwin\home on Windows but /home/ on cygwin.

% icacls foo
foo NULL SID:(DENY)(Rc,S,WEA,X,DC)
    S4\jhu:(DENY)(S,RD,WD,AD,REA,WEA,DC)
    S4\jhu:(D,Rc,WDAC,WO,RA,WA)
    NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users:(DENY)(S,X)
    NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:(DENY)(S,X)
    BUILTIN\Administrators:(DENY)(S,X)
    BUILTIN\Users:(DENY)(S,X)
    S4\None:(Rc,S,RA)
    NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users:(RX,W)
    NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:(RX,W)
    BUILTIN\Administrators:(RX,W)
    BUILTIN\Users:(RX)
    Everyone:(Rc,S,RA)

Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files
% getfacl foo
# file: foo
# owner: jhu
# group: None
user::---
group::---
group:Authenticated Users:rwx           #effective:rw-
group:SYSTEM:rwx                        #effective:rw-
group:Administrators:rwx                #effective:rw-
group:Users:r-x                         #effective:r--
mask:rw-
other:---

Thanks!