Re: System tray menu tuning & Xwin0.log in mintty console with startx

Hello Marco and thank you for your precious answer.
I think that I understand why the Xserver log splash on the screen in mintty.
I found an explanation for this around web within a post.
It says that Mintty use pty's so "if you run say Cygwin's bash from a cmd window and then start cmd it will
not get the echoing. If, however, you start cmd from a bash shell that
is in a mintty window then you're using pty's and you'll get echoing."
Is this correct in your opinion?
With reference to your "open more than Mintty window" (Minttty within another Mintty), I saw that the echoin starts on windows that contains startx script execution.
Taking into account your suggested solution I think that you mean
to create 2 .bat Win files into the usb eigher containing:

1) E:\cygwin\bin\run.exe --quote /usr/bin/bash.exe -l -c "cd; exec /usr/bin/startxwin"

2) E:\cygwin\bin\run.exe --quote /usr/bin/bash.exe -l -c "cd; exec /usr/bin/startx"

I tried them and they are Ok!The only command that I don't understand is "cd;". Why do you use it?
With reference to portable version I try to go into the site but it is very difficult to find an email in wich I can suggest some items to the author.
I hope to reach and send my comments to tune the .paf file.
I thank you again very very much for your big assistance
Alessandro