Re: problem building with cmake under cygwin (need clang)

On 26/07/2016 02:45, LMH wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to compute the convex hull of a high dimensional space (46D
x 2000 rows). The qhull app available in cygwin/math is based on
relatively old code and runs out of memory.

I found another version the is supposed to be able to do higher dimensions.

https://bitbucket.org/tomilov/quickhull/src

This version is set up to build with cmake, so I installed cmake in
cygwin and ran it as,

cmake ./src

Note, I had to copy CMakeLists.txt into the src directory to get this to
work. If I don't do that, I get the error,

CMake Error: The source directory
"/cygdrive/g/shared_data/SMD/ATomilov_quickhull/tomilov-quickhull-7faf277d6cc2_cmake/src"
does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.

When I have copied the CMakeLists.txt file into ./src, cmake runs but I
get the error,

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:11 (message):
  only clang supported currently

this comes from the conditional,

if(NOT "${CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ID}" MATCHES "Clang")
    message(FATAL_ERROR "only clang supported currently")
endif()

in CMakeLists.txt.

I have installed clang from cygwin, but I still get the same error. I
added the following line to CMakeLists.txt,

message(STATUS "${CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ID}")

and I get "GNU" as the value for CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ID, at least that is
the value if I got the syntax correct for the message statement.

It looks like I need to point CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ID to clang, but I am
not sure how to do that. I don't know if the problem is with the
CMakeLists.txt file, the way I am calling cmake, or with my local cygwin
configuration.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

LMH

the build system of quickhull has some serious problem.

set

CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER               /usr/bin/clang-3.8.exe
CMAKE_C_COMPILER                 /usr/bin/clang-3.8.exe

after you will hit

 CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:22 (message):
   Compiler does not support C++1z standard

if you look on CMakeLists.txt you will find is expecting a flag
as "-std=gnu++1z"  that looks a bit strange for a not gnu compiler

I you want to build this program on cygwin, you need to learn
a bit of cmake and debug the CMakeLists wrong assumptions

Regards
Marco