Re: Anecdotal: Rebase and Visual Studio 2015 and /etc

On Jul 3, 2016, at 8:02 AM, Ken Brown wrote:

> it doesn't take dependency loops into account

I’ve fixed that using your proposed “Dependency order” solution.  I haven’t analyzed the output, but it is a bit longer than the last time, so I assume it has saved me from dropping all packages in a loop.

If this is also found to be insufficient, I think I’d have to build the dependency graph from setup.ini and learn to walk it, rather than continue with this present linear algorithm.

> if the mirror was used for both an x86 and x86_64 installation, it always uses the x86 setup.ini, regardless of the current architecture.

Good catch!  The script now uses the output of uname -m to select the mirror subdirectory.