/etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm refers to font "helvetica"

Since many months (and probably several Cygwin and X11 releases),
starting `xterm` triggers the following annoying warning (xterm starts fine otherwise):

 xterm &
 Warning: Cannot convert string "-adobe-helvetica-bold-r-normal--*-120-*-*-*-*-iso8859-*" to type FontStruct

I have grepped for "helvetica" through my own config files (`.Xdefaults` etc.) and not found such a font reference.

The mailing list archives show that at least one other Cygwin user has encountered the same issue,
and got no answer regarding this specific issue (just for another font issue).
https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2015-09/msg00184.html
https://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/search.cgi?wm=wrd&form=extended&m=all&s=D&ul=%2Fml%2Fcygwin%2F%25&q=helvetica
At first glance, internet search provides only less relevant hits.

It looks like the cause is in file `/etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm`, in the following line:

 *SimpleMenu*menuLabel.font: -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-normal--*-120-*-*-*-*-iso8859-*

When I comment out that line (using "!"), xterm starts without any warnings.

I do not recall having added that line myself, so I assume that it is part of its default content.
Are users expected to maintain that file?

Regards, Rainer