Re: POSIX permission mapping and NULL SIDs

On 6/29/16, 1:21 AM, "Corinna Vinschen" <cygwin-owner@cygwin.com on behalf
of corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

>If that's the case, then why do you explain all these things to me?  I'm
>a bit at a loss to see the difference between me explaining things to
>you you already know vs. you explaing things to me I already know.
>Aren't we kind of on par here?

Yes, we are.

Perhaps I spoke âout of turnâ as the Americans say. I am sorry if it also
felt like I was explaining things that you know.

>>In any case I will use your mapping of S-1-0-65534 <-> 65534.
>
>Thanks.  Do you want to add handling for this mapping to
>pwdgrp::fetch_account_from_windows yourself or shall I do it?  I could
>come up with a patch in the next couple of days.  I will prepare a
>developer's snapshot then, so you can immediately test if it works as
>desired.

I have already added the mapping to WinFsp-FUSE. I can look into what is
required to patch Cygwin.

>>How do we avoid name collisions?  I can easily see admins creating an
>>AD account called "nobody".
>>Shall we fake a "WinFSP" domain such that the name is "WinFSP+nobody"?
>
>Preliminary patch attached.

Ok, looks like you have patched it already. Thanks for this.

BTW, if the name is case-sensitive (strcmp) I usually use the âWinFspâ
capitalization, if it makes a difference.

Also do you foresee any situation where the ânobodyâ mapping might be
useful outside of WinFsp? Perhaps it would make more sense to name it
ânodomain+nobodyâ? Just a suggestion.

Many thanks.

Bill