Re: POSIX permission mapping and NULL SIDs

On 6/24/16, 3:06 PM, "cygwin-owner@cygwin.com on behalf of Erik
Soderquist" <cygwin-owner@cygwin.com on behalf of
ErikSoderquist@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 5:59 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>> I am inclined to try S-1-5-7 (Anonymous). But I do not know if that is
>>> bad choice for some reason or other.
>>
>> I thought about Anonymous myself when I wrote my reply to your OP.  I
>> refrained from mentioning it because it might have some unexpected side
>> effect we're not aware about.
>
>I know in at least some versions of IIS, the Anonymous SID is the one
>explicitly used for all not logged in www/ftp/etc clients connecting
>to IIS -- not sure if that would affect this discussion.

It is my understanding that this is the intended use of the Anonymous SID.
I have not thought enough to know whether it would fit properly in this
use case.

One caveat is that Cygwin already maps S-1-5-7 to uid 7. So does that mean
that 7==nobody in Cygwinâs case?

Bill