Re: Proposed patch for web site: update most links to HTTPS

On May 23, 2016, at 4:35 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> using relative paths inside the Cygwin docs
> (cygwin-api, cygwin-ug-net, and faq) is not such a bright idea, because
> the docs should ideally work even if not on the cygwin.com website.

Did you mean to say âabsolute pathsâ?  If not, then youâre arguing against yourself here.  Relative links within the docs *are* what allow the docs to work when hosted off cygwin.com, as in my info(1) example.  Otherwise, a link that should be an internal cross-reference turns into an external web page link.

  http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/CrossRefs.html
  http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Ulinks.html
  http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Olinking.html