Re: Possible issue with chown v8.25

Your English is fine - mine is problematical.

What are icacls and getfacl listings?

My problem is that after a chown the directories are inaccessible and/or I can not look at the Security property without getting a diagnostic. I have assumed that the diagnostic indicates an issue. I get the feeling that the diagnostic does not indicate a fault and that things should work fine.

I just ran a minitest:

> mkdir gg
> touch gg/cc
> chown -R <owner>:<group> gg

In the Explorer I get the same diagnostic on gg and the <owner> has no permissions. Is this the correct behavior (and if you tell me what icacls and getfacl listings I will provide them.

art

PS: Thanks