Re: Possible issue with newest version of git (v 2.8) under Cygwin

>I suspect this isn't a problem with the Git upgrade but with recent
>changes that have been being made to how the core Cygwin dll handles
>permissions.

>That being said, can you try running `git config core.filemode false` in
>the repository, re-enabling noacl, and see if that has things running at
>something more like normal speed?  That disables Git's checks on file
>permissions, so it should isolate whether the slow-down is specifically
>Git checking permissions or if merely accessing files is the problem.

>(With core.filemode disabled, you'll need to use `git update-index` to
>add/remove the executable flag on files in the Git repository; see `git
>help update-index` for details on how that works.  To undo the config
>change, use `git config core.filemode true`.)

This repository is created with the filemode=false after I finish
cloning from the repository using cygwin.
I've decided to try cygexec on the fstab to see if it helps and it
does seem much faster.
I don't know if this is the correct way to speed it up again but the
speed slow down does seem related to reading each file and determining
if it is executable.
The new line is:
none /cygdrive cygdrive binary,posix=0,user,noacl,cygexec 0 0