Re: Fatal error in wget 1.17.1

On 03/05/2016 05:31, Jon Ronnenberg wrote:
On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 3:09 AM, Jon Ronnenberg <jon.ronnenberg@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 2:45 AM, Jon Ronnenberg <jon.ronnenberg@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 1:43 AM, Eric Blake <eblake@redhat.com> wrote:
Please don't top-post on technical lists.

On 05/02/2016 05:31 PM, Jon Ronnenberg wrote:
I don't think so.

c:\cygwin64\bin
Î ls cygwin*
cygwin-console-helper.exe*  cygwin1.dll*

That's under the c:\cygwin64\bin directory, but doesn't tell me anything
about the rest of your system. Which is why I asked for cygcheck output,
but you seemed to have missed that point.

I did a full search through the start menu but I only got the above
cygwin1.dll It seems to me that the current wget package is built on
an old version of cygwin. But I'm only guessing.

No, you are misdiagnosing your problem.  It doesn't matter what version
of cygwin wget was built against, what matters is what version of
cygwin1.dll is being loaded when your script is forking, and if your
PATH happens to be modified in such a way that wget is attempting to
load a different cygwin1.dll than the shell running the script, such
that there are now two different cygwin1.dlls loaded at the same time.

So I'll ask again: please run cygcheck as directed by the mailing list
footer...

Following the directions listed here:

in particular, the instructions to run cygcheck and attach the output,
will help identify not only if you do have two cygwin installations, but
where the second is installed, so that you can delete the one you don't
need.

Attach the output, not put in line.

An trim the followup please.

It just dawned on me that I should try to run the shell script in the
cygwin terminal. I did and it kinda work.
Output:
$ sh download_model.sh
Downloading the colorization model...
--2016-05-03 02:49:49--  http://hi.cs.waseda.ac.jp/~iizuka/data/colornet.t7%0D
Resolving hi.cs.waseda.ac.jp (hi.cs.waseda.ac.jp)... 133.9.187.220
Connecting to hi.cs.waseda.ac.jp
(hi.cs.waseda.ac.jp)|133.9.187.220|:80... connected.
2016-05-03 02:49:50 ERROR 404: Not Found.

I can reach the address
http://hi.cs.waseda.ac.jp/~iizuka/data/colornet.t7 through a browser
but wget gets a 404 but it might be unrelated.

I just got a similar error when running make from a git hook, while
running make from nodejs npm is fine. I suspect my terminal,
C:\tools\cmder\vendor\conemu-maximus5 http://cmder.net/ has something
to do with it.

In my git pre-push hook I run
make clean
npm run make
The latter is just calling make -j from within nodejs.

1 [main] make (17908) C:\cygwin64\bin\make.exe: *** fatal error -
cygheap base mismatch detected - 0x180330400/0x18033E400.
This problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the cygwin DLL.
Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows Start->Find/Search facility
and delete all but the most recent version.  The most recent version *should*
reside in x:\cygwin\bin, where 'x' is the drive on which you have
installed the cygwin distribution.  Rebooting is also suggested if you
are unable to find another cygwin DLL.

firefund-styleguide@1.0.0-alpha make C:\Users\dotnet\Projects\firefund\styleguide
make -j

make: Nothing to be done for 'all'.

As you can see the first command fails but the second succeed. I can
run make clean from conemu.
wget fails under conemu but can run under cygwin but errors on
connectivity while I have Internet access. make fails in a git hook
but can run from both nodejs (as a child process) and conemu.

Question:
are wget and make working correctly on Cygwin Terminal (Mintty) ?

Regards
Marco