Re: Cygwin-2.5.0 net share wbadmin no longer working post update

Greetings, Alexandria Gutierrez!

> I am sorry, I was not clear.
> On the original script I am using
> -backuptarget=\\\\SERVERNAME\\PATH\\TO\\SHARE
> to avoid the use of quotes.

You must use quotes to escape the "=" sign, which for CMD is an argument
separator equal to space. (Assuming the command hit CMD on the way to its
destination.) Or use caret to escape it explicitly.

> I have several cygwin version installed across multiple windows nodes. All
> of them work correctly.

> On the 2 new cygwin-2.5.0 nodes using the same script (already working
> with 2.4.0 and older) does not work. One was a cygwin upgrade, and the
> other was a clean install.

> What I mean to say, it was that given the number of computers running
> this script across systems that can not be access remotely, the
> solution that would be practical for us to find, would be one that we
> can be attached to a set of cygwin-2.5.0 installation instructions. I
> really appreciate all of the assistance I can get. I hope I did not
> sound dismissive.

The reality is that only current release is actually supported.
If it breaks anything, Corinna, and other people here, would really like to
know, what and how is broken, to be able to fix it.

> Just as an update, even if I connect directly via ssh to the node and
> and run either:

> /cygdrive/c/windows/Sysnative/wbadmin START BACKUP -user:USERNAME
> -password:PASSWORD -backuptarget:'\\SERVERNAME\PATH\TO\SHARE'
> -allCritical -systemstate -quiet
> or
> /cygdrive/c/windows/Sysnative/wbadmin START BACKUP -user:USERNAME
> -password:PASSWORD -backuptarget:\\\\SERVERNAME\\PATH\\TO\\SHARE
> -allCritical -systemstate -quiet

> it does not work. I do understand what you mean that SSH will strip the quotes.
> Whatever the solution is, I am interested in finding it. The next
> thing I am going to try is to roll back some windows updates to see if
> that is responsible for the issues.

> Any other suggestion, ideas and solutions would be appreciated.

If you mean that it doesn't work in direct shell prompt, then it is really a
very curious situation.
Anything in the event log that can help shed some light?
Can you perhaps try the same command with forward slashes?

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...