Re: How can I try a newly build package locally?

Hi! Andrey!
> Andrey Repin [via Cygwin]
> <mailto:ml-node+s1069669n126010h87@n5.nabble.com>
> den 6 april 2016 01:20
> Greetings, thoni56!
>
> > I'm a maintainer of a program that I'd might like to propose for
> inclusion in
> > the Cygwin distribution.
>
> > We use CMake so there is a packager available, and it's easy to
> create a
> > .bz2 package.
>
> > Once I've created the package, how can I try it locally? In Linux
> this can
> > easily be done with dpkg, but is there a way to use the Cygwin package
> > installer so that it picks up a local package?
>
> > I've read [the package contribution documentation][1] and related
> pages but
> > can't find an answer.
>
> Just setup local repository (either HTTP or plain directory) and try
> installing your pkg.
> The directory layout is rather simple and easy to reproduce.
Repository I can probably understand ;-) but exactly what does "try
installing your pkg" mean? Do I just drop it in the repository? How is
the setup.ini generated so it includes my package? Is a local temporary
dir (that you get when you install Cygwin) like a repository or do I
need to navigate to a real FTP mirror to investigate? More questions
than answers...

/Thomas