Re: strange cygwin sshd user generated (user name includes machine name)

RESOLVED! =)

Iâm happy to report Brian McGeorge found a solution, which was kindly
passed on to me via Ben Stragnell. The answer is to set the
environment variable LOGONSERVER to \\%COMPUTERNAME%.

This works by not executing the body of the if statement in:
https://cygwin.com/git/gitweb.cgi?p=cygwin-csih.git;a=blob;f=cygwin-service-installation-helper.sh;h=10ab4fb6d47803c9ffabdde51923fc2c3f0496bb;hb=7ca191bebb52ae414bb2a2e37ef22d94f2658dc7#l2884

(lines 2884 to 2890)

My working user data now looks like this (note - you need to see both
links for context - different parts of the same user data file).

   * https://github.com/taskcluster/generic-worker/blob/b0786db002921d3ec7d40053ac2e6799679ab290/worker_types/win2012r2/userdata#L4
   * https://github.com/taskcluster/generic-worker/blob/b0786db002921d3ec7d40053ac2e6799679ab290/worker_types/win2012r2/userdata#L81-L101

The addition to the powershell script was simply:

   $env:LOGONSERVER = "\\" + $env:COMPUTERNAME

I can confirm this fix works! Thanks again to Brian and Ben. =)

Pete