Re: Starting VirtualBox 5 GUI creates two windows, but only with Cygwin/X

Hi.

With recent Cygwin the problem became harder to reproduce: it only works
once. On subsequent launches of VirtualBox the extra window appears in
the taskbar for about a second and then closes. You have to restart X
server to see the bug again.

In the meantime I installed xwininfo. Beside "xwinclip" it shows 3 or 2
children of the root window.

    xwininfo: Window id: 0x61 (the root window) (has no name)

      Root window id: 0x61 (the root window) (has no name)
      Parent window id: 0x0 (none)
         4 children:
         0x80000b "Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager": ("VirtualBox"
"VirtualBox")  770x550+8+30  +8+30
         0x800002 "VirtualBox": ("VirtualBox" "VirtualBox")
1366x768+0+0  +0+0
         0x800004 (has no name): ()  1x1+0+0  +0+0
         0x600001 "xwinclip": ()  500x500+1+1  +1+1

Closing the window with right click on taskbar does not change the
number of windows, just changes Map State of "VirtualBox" from
IsViewable to IsUnMapped.

On second run there's no "VirtualBox" at all. I think it's the one that
disappears quickly.

Could it be some signed/unsigned thing with window id counter in the X
server?

30.03.2016 16:18, Jon Turney ÐÐÑÐÑ: