Unable to start mintty.

Greetings, All!

I've not used mintty for quite some time, and discovered today that I no
longer able to start it inside a directory. Quite frustrating moment is that I
can perfectly start it from desktop shortcut, but not from console.
After much fiddling, largely out of desperation, I tried to set LANG= in
console to the same value it have in GUI. Much to my surprise, mintty readily
popped up, like it wasn't a few long hours of constant failure.

The short version:
LANG=ru_RU.CP866  - mintty close immediately.
LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8  - mintty start just fine.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...